• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kern Valley and Goodbye

jeff411sk8

NAXJA Forum User
Over the weekend i was up in Kern Valley doing some of their trails next to lake Izabella. I had one hack of a good time and i decided to take the last trail ride to say good bye to a lost friend. My brother and I went up to see where the crash happend. I broke down emotionaly but still took some pictures of the site. I hope i dont offend anyone on showing you these pictures but i feel that Mike and Dave will always have a beautiful view. I was one of Mikes students and friend, we all miss him.
If the pictures dont show, here is the link. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2314722/3

2314722_36_full.jpg

2314722_37_full.jpg

2314722_38_full.jpg

2314722_39_full.jpg

2314722_40_full.jpg

2314722_41_full.jpg

2314722_42_full.jpg

2314722_43_full.jpg

2314722_44_full.jpg

2314722_46_full.jpg

2314722_45_full.jpg

Pictures never really show how steep things are.
Cook's peak has broadcast equipment on top because of it's hieght.
Used to be a fire lookout, and low and behold, where is that smoke coming from? Looks like the Main Dam area? or did it start in the Keyesville area and cross the road?
I'm sorry for your loss, but after spending the last 14 years of exploring the trails around there (wife grew up at the lake) I'll tell you God's country begins there at the southern end of the Sierras. Here's to Mike and Dave.

Good to here from you Jeff. Don't be such a stranger. I got my HAM radio license two weeks after the funeral partly in memory of Mike and Dave.

Swing by the meet and greet next Tuesday.

ya the fire started in right next to the damn but didnt go anywhere.

Ill try to get that shift changed so i can have the night off. I would realy like to go to a M&G. Ill bring my dad along in his XJ.

nice pics Jeff. I would like to visit that site someday soon since I missed out on the services. Mike can hear me say hello from up there.

Jeff, thank you for the pictures. I have family up in Wofford Heights up there. This winter, I'm going to try and get up there to pay my respects. I spoke with the owner of the local towing company up there, and he said the road is nearly inaccesable, but from what I can see it may not be that bad.

Back