• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

carfax odometer problem

85xjproject

NAXJA Forum User
so i just wasted 30 bucks for a crappy carfax report.but i found out something weird.the owner before me reported to the s.a.a.q that when he purchased my jeep that the odometer had 220 000 km.but carfax says that the real milege is 136 701.when i bought it i reported the odometer at 230 000, but carfax says that the odometer is really at 146 701.can some one tell me what the hell is going on? what is the real mileage on my jeep?any help would be appreciated.oh also carfax says it is a 85 amc laredo,2.8l gm motor,and this matches up to what i have now.was the engine rebuilt,swapped out or maybe the cluster gauge was changed?please help thanks dave

85xjproject said:
so i just wasted 30 bucks for a crappy carfax report.but i found out something weird.the owner before me reported to the s.a.a.q that when he purchased my jeep that the odometer had 220 000 km.but carfax says that the real milege is 136 701.when i bought it i reported the odometer at 230 000, but carfax says that the odometer is really at 146 701.can some one tell me what the hell is going on? what is the real mileage on my jeep?any help would be appreciated.oh also carfax says it is a 85 amc laredo,2.8l gm motor,and this matches up to what i have now.was the engine rebuilt,swapped out or maybe the cluster gauge was changed?please help thanks dave
does the carfax report it in km or miles?

thanks guys,lol feel kinda dumb now!:spin3:

That's why I never ask for a carfax report.

I would never ask for one on a 85' and here's why...

It's not worth anything.
It's not a collector piece.
Your version of a DOT likely doesn't give a darn how many miles it has on it.

What's 50K one way or another, it's over 20 years old.
Slap a collector plate on it and tank the maker for everyday it continues to run ;)

Zuki-Ron said:
That's why I never ask for a carfax report.

I would never ask for one on a 85' and here's why...

It's not worth anything.
It's not a collector piece.
Your version of a DOT likely doesn't give a darn how many miles it has on it.

What's 50K one way or another, it's over 20 years old.
Slap a collector plate on it and tank the maker for everyday it continues to run ;)
hehe thanks will do!

Back