• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have succeeded

RªMB°

NAXJA Forum User
Just totalled the XJ goin down the freeway 55MPH
I feel asleep and woke up to myself rolling down a hill on the side of the slow lane.
The XJ will be parted out some, but the D44 im keeping and tires.
Has anyone seen a green XJ prefrerably 93 with a clutch, stock, and 4x4?

Happend at 12:45 on the 10 eastbound right before Rancho Ave in Colton,Ca

RªMB° said:
Just totalled the XJ goin down the freeway 55MPH
I feel asleep and woke up to myself rolling down a hill on the side of the slow lane.
The XJ will be parted out some, but the D44 im keeping and tires.
Has anyone seen a green XJ prefrerably 93 with a clutch, stock, and 4x4?
damn! Glad to hear you're OK :twak: for being stupid enough and driving tired.

Didnt have a choice in the matter. I had college today otherwise I would have stayed home and slept till noon.

No Paul not like the video I blinked my eyes and that was it I was out like a lightbulb and I woke up to the XJ on flipping on the side and sliding a 100+ yards.

Funny thing was there was an abulance right behind me so that was a major +

RªMB° said:
Didnt have a choice in the matter. I had college today otherwise I would have stayed home and slept till noon.
You always have a choice. I don't wanna sound like I'm preaching but well.... this to me is same as drinking and driving. What you do can affect a lot more lives.

Glad your ok, and you and anybody else didn't get hurt or killed.

Hope a lesson was learned.

:lecture:

Gerr said:
next time pull the #$%^ over instead of endangering your self, and everyone else around you. Glad to hear your ok though.
Coming back from BBear last time I was exhausted form getting up so early and the long day. Theres a scenic part on the way down the hill where I knew I had to pull over and take a nap, there was no way of keeping my eyes open. 20-30 minute power nap was all I needed, I was so deep out I kinda' forgot where I was. But it was all I needed for the next hour and a half drive home, did'nt nod off once.

holy sheet man! glad you're ok!

this is what keeps me goin on that longass drive back from vegas
st_redbull_f.jpg

Dude what the hell, your lucky you didnt get hurt I know exactly were you are talking about my parents live off rancho, a buddy of mine crashed in the exact same place as you and broke his back a few years back same thing fell asleep, count your blessings.

Leep said:
Glad that you are ok, but for the sake of yourself and others, if ever sleepy pull over and rest for a while. It is always best to get there alive and in one piece a little late than not at all.

The NAXJA family has seen enuf tragidy in the last couple months...

Do you still need the pants ?

After the accident I think that is the more appropriate question ;)

Damn boy, you gotta be more carefull.

I fell asleep driving once, when I was about 17, just for a moment. Now I keep a redbull, a bottle of water and 2 clif bars in my center console; if I start to blink out just a little bit I stuff it all down my throat.

Ill get pictures up as soon as I can.
Went to bed last night at 8PM after all the adrenaline just knocked me out.
As for now I wont need the throttle body Leep but after I track down another XJ Ill take it and bore it out =)
If someone else wants to buy it thats fine sell it.

Last edited:
Heres the pictures of the Jeep after the destruction

DestroyedXJ4.jpg

DestroyedXJ3.jpg

DestroyedXJ2.jpg

DestroyedXJ1.jpg

Back