• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New lower control arms?

kujito

NAXJA Forum User
I recently picked up a stock 89 xj and don't really know much about suspension. I am wondering what, if any good a new pair of lower control arms will do?

The reason I ask is because I can get a pair of newish fabtecs for $10 (gonna, just didn't have any cash). I'm also wondering how much hassle it will be to do?

Thanks

Unless you're lifting the Jeep and need to add a longer arm for caster angles, there is no reason to bother.

Those fabtechs are probably designed to be used in a 3-4" lift kit to correct caster angles, and have a bend to clear the shock mount plate.

WheelinJR
They're stock length. Dude has the other pair on his xj w/3" lift, but he has a bracket which drops the rear mountin point so they sit flat/level w/ground.

Jeepster09
Not that I necessarily WANT to replace them, but for $10 I gotta get them. Even if they chill in the garage until I get around to lifting her.

Ok, but the question remains...why do you want to replace them? Are you having caster angle issues or do you have issues with worn bushings?

Seems like a pointless project if you don't have any issues you're trying to correct.

Fabtech arms suck,youll be better off with your stockers.

That's pretty much what I was trying to find out, I guess. Didn't know if it was worth it to replace them now. I'm kind of a pack rat too. If I don't use them, somebody I know may be able to put them to use.

Back