• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Take off growl

Jacobus

NAXJA Forum User
I recently purchase a 2001 Cherokee with a Tuff country 3.5 lift. The lift drops the tcase & the blocks are angled. Under hard acceleration the jeep has a rumble / growl until the suspension is unloaded. If the suspension moves thru its travel while it is making the noise it comes & goes. Any Ideas or suggestions?

is it something in the driveline or suspension? i put a tcase drop on mine and everyso often in reverve i hear a grind, think my fan is hittin the radiator idk yet,

Ditch the blocks.

They're making the springs wrap too much under acceleration, and messing up your driveshaft angles...

Robert

userbmx1315 said:
is it something in the driveline or suspension? i put a tcase drop on mine and everyso often in reverve i hear a grind, think my fan is hittin the radiator idk yet,

That's bad, you should probably make sure the fan isn't hitting the radiator....and if it is, new motor mounts!!

NighthawkXJ said:
Better springs, do a search for bastard packs and build up some better spring packs and you will be much happier.

Yep. Blocks are bad, m'kay?

The cheap way to do it is use leaves from another vehicle (S10s and Dakotas are popular) to build up your stock leaf packs. Like Nighthawk said, search for bastard packs.

The more traditional (and I think easier) way is to just buy a full lift pack, from any manufacturer (some are better, and more money, than others.). It's more expensive, sure, but you know what you're getting, how much lift to expect, and I just love new parts...

Good luck,

Robert

Jacobus said:
I recently purchase a 2001 Cherokee with a Tuff country 3.5 lift. The lift drops the tcase & the blocks are angled. Under hard acceleration the jeep has a rumble / growl until the suspension is unloaded. If the suspension moves thru its travel while it is making the noise it comes & goes. Any Ideas or suggestions?
I have that same lift with blocks. I hate the way the axle wraps on acceleration.
I was going to do a basterd pack but dont got the time to mess around with that.
Then i was going to buy RE3.5 pack but didnt know how close it would match up w/ Tuff Country's coils.
Then out of no where Tuff Country comes out with a new spring pack for that lift."Finally!"
It's been on back order for about 3 months now. I'm still waiting on mine.

Feva said:
I have that same lift with blocks. I hate the way the axle wraps on acceleration.
I was going to do a basterd pack but dont got the time to mess around with that.
Then i was going to buy RE3.5 pack but didnt know how close it would match up w/ Tuff Country's coils.
Then out of no where Tuff Country comes out with a new spring pack for that lift."Finally!"
It's been on back order for about 3 months now. I'm still waiting on mine.

get an RE3.5 worst case you are a little high in the rear, better than the oposite.

WaXJ_Skier said:
get an RE3.5 worst case you are a little high in the rear, better than the oposite.
That is true. but I dont want to deel with DS angles.
I got a 97 w/ 8.25 and not enough $$$ to do a SYE yet.
I just want to keep the front and back the same brand. just my pref.

Feva said:
That is true. but I dont want to deel with DS angles.
I got a 97 w/ 8.25 and not enough $$$ to do a SYE yet.
I just want to keep the front and back the same brand. just my pref.

i just installed a RE 3.5 full pack on my '01... and i was suprised to have very minor vibes! (4* shim used) the only difference i think is i have a d35 :)puke:right!) and i hear they are less tempermental then the c8.25? this leaf pack gives quite a bit of rake, but i dont know how the RE and your front coils would measure up??

Back