• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heat not working

subliminal

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday the heat stopped working in my 92. The temp gauge was reading very cold so I thought it was because the thermostat was stuck open, I put in a new thermostat and now the reading is about 210 which ive read is about average. I still have no heat whatsoever the air blowing out of the vents is ice cold, I dont think its the heater core because the heater was working great one minute then just cut out. What else could be causing this?

Also While putting the new thermostat in I noticed an electric fan right next to the motor driven fan that wasnt plugged in or even bolted down it was just resting there. I pulled it out and couldnt find the plug for it anywhere. Anyone know where I should look to find that? Thanks.

It is possible the system has air in it yet, from changing the thermostat. Make sure the heater valve is working correctly, and that your blend doors are working correctly as well.

Also did you fill the system back up with 50/50 antifreeze/coolant? I'm sure quite a bit spilled out when removing the thermostat housing.

Hmm I dont remember seeing any cable, I do know it has a vacum line connected to it that comes out of the firewall. Ill look again for the cable.

Back