• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grimm's Bday Bash!!!!

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
my birthday is coming up, the 9th of march, and im looking to have a big shindig with all my friends (you guys too :D)

we are planning a bunch of silly games, we'll supply the normal dogs and burgers grub, bring your own drinks (whatever they may be :D)

thing is... i need somewhere to have the event. i want to do it at a park big enough to hold a bunch of us folks and some of my misfit friends.. its gotta have public restrooms and be located close to the freeway, preferably in the northern OC area.... IE fullerton and the surrounding area. you guys have any ideas? i dont know the OC very well but i would like as many of my NAXJA bros to be there as possible.

any ideas? :dunno: gimme locations so i can go scout em out.
*MUST* be easy to navigate to from a major freeway, because my local buddies will be driving in from the south bay and i dont want anyone to get lost :D

Ok, i have nothing to add in terms of where.....however, I would say stay out of fullerton, as the cops there are famous for being " NOT SO NICE"

There is a park off the 91 just east of the 57, it is huge! Not sure what it is called though Grimm....Either way, I am there.

Craig Park in Fullerton. State College and Imperial, one block east of the 57 freeway.

Why not have it at that big ole park in Long Beach right off the 605?

karstic said:
Why not have it at that big ole park in Long Beach right off the 605?
where exactly is it? i just want to keep it in an area that everyone will be able to come hang out without whining about driving too far haha :D

tcm glx said:
Ok, i have nothing to add in terms of where.....however, I would say stay out of fullerton, as the cops there are famous for being " NOT SO NICE"

There is a park off the 91 just east of the 57, it is huge! Not sure what it is called though Grimm....Either way, I am there.
haha well i know you will be there bro! and im taking the not so nice cops thing into account already! ;) you know me too well!! haha. :D:D:D

hellbilly04 said:

2nd this one!

Mile Square Park is easy to get to and is huge... 1 square mile, seriously.

You need to reserve large picnic areas, but there are several grassy areas that are first come, first serve.

I will do a little diggin and find out the process, time requirements, and contact info for you.

Mile square is not close to ANY freeway. I would do it at El Dorado like Bill says. We used to have big VW/Audi GTG's there and always had a good time and were never hassled. And its like 1 block off the freeway.

silverslk said:
Mile square is not close to ANY freeway.

Are you kidding? It is less than 1/2 a mile off of the 405. Granted, it is not right beside the freeway.

Where ever Grimm picks will be fine and folks will show up.

:cheers:

LOOK at a map, it's off the 405fwy & Warner ave, you could walk off the fwy to it. Not sure how you can say it's not FWY close but I'm not going to get in a pissing contest with you over it! Grimm just wanted suggestions so I gave one that's all.

silverslk said:
Mile square is not close to ANY freeway. I would do it at El Dorado like Bill says. We used to have big VW/Audi GTG's there and always had a good time and were never hassled. And its like 1 block off the freeway.

OK. I stand corrected. When I think of Mile Square I think "Euclid and bBrookhurst". When I think about Warner you are right. Its very close to the 405 right past Carl's Jr.!!! haha

Either one works.

El Dorado, that's the one I was thinking about in the LBC

silverslk said:
I grew up in Santa Ana.

Now THAT explains alot of things..... :D

J/K Andy....

el dorado is where they have alot of lowrider shows.. i hope nothing is going on that weekend... i'll check it out. as it stands i think mile square is a little too far for me, but thanks guys, keep em coming!:cheers:

Back