• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone in Pacific Beach area?

Jump This

Just another minion!
Ugggghhhh!
My son just called, his starter fell off......yeah, just f*ing great!
Its strange that he just had his catalytic converter replaced (96 recall) at
the dealer today, then he drives it to school and the starter falls off..
Anyway, do I have any friends down that way that could replace the two bolts for him? Yeah, I know, its kinda' pathetic but he has no tools (he left them with his dirt bike in the trailer!) I also don't know what size they are.
I'll check on one of my Jeeps, but, I'm willing to pay for gas and effort if someone here can help me out.
Right now he is in class at UCSD...

Rick 760-415-9859

Hey Rick, I will be down there Friday.....if nobody can help by then, let me know.

wow, weird. i think i just talked to him. someone called here with a '96 that the starter bolts fell out of. i couldn't come up with a thread size, only lengths: 1.75 and 1.18
i don't have any of my tools with me though, they're about 30 miles away at home.

I can give him a hand. Think I'm calling in sick tomorrow to swap out my electrical harness....I could take a quick beer break and run down to his place. I only live about 5 mi from PB and work at UCSD.

Yep that probably was my boy.
One appears to be 3/8 16 by 1.5in.
The other is a 7/16 by 3".
I talked to Rollins and he thaught they were metric, so I pulled mine out, they are standard.
I'll give him your #.

And a BIG THANKS

Rick

the junkyarddog lives in Pacific Beach. His name is Mark and a fellow XJ'er.

Has this been taken care of? If not, I could get some tool down there later this evening after work.

Its time to say it again boyz...
THIS GROUP KICKS ASS!!
Michael (SanDiegoXJ) came to Richard's rescue today.
He even offered to help out last night when he thaught my son was
stranded at school.
I know that most all of you (except maybe Grimm :D ) would have helped if you could.
Michael you saved the day BRO!!

Rick

Jump This said:
you (except maybe Grimm :D ) would have helped if you could.
Michael you saved the day BRO!!Rick

Yeh. What's up with that guy anyway? :D

Jump This said:
I know that most all of you (except maybe Grimm :D )

hey i called my buddy who lives in PB but he is at his grandmothers house. i TRIED

go teach someone how to install rock rails you old fart :passgas:

:D

Back