• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local (Ventura County / SF Valley) NAXJA gear guys?

Daedalus454

NAXJA Forum User
I just got sets of slightly used 4.56 gears front and rear D30/8.25 and I have a new D30 carrier on the way, so I will soon need the gears installed. I would much rather support a NAXJA member than pay a shop to do it. I know that JeeperJohn and RawBrown are good guys to do it, but I was wondering if there was anyone closer to me who does gears? If not I'll get it touch with one of those guys, but thought I might be able to save some gas money.

Also, what will I need to install the gears? My D30 is on the original bearings, so I have no problem buying a master install kit and all, but my 8.25 was rebuilt with all new bearings about 3 months ago (right before I bought it) due to noisy bearings, and if I can save a little $$$ I would like to do so.

Thanks!

Talk to Aaron (99xjache) He's over in TO. Great guy, very helpful.

Got my carrier. :D

I will order a kit for the D30 and the output seal and crush sleeve for the 8.25.

Just talked to Aaron (99xjache), he's out of commission until mid April at least, anyone else local?

Although waiting until mid April would give me a chance to get all the "goodies," like HD diff covers, rear locker (think Aussie will have an 8.25 locker my then?), and maybe even alloy shafts.

Back