• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Brackets

fiyerbirdie

NAXJA Forum User
I'm suprised that there is not more buzz about the Rough Country Drop Brackets. The deal I got being a NAXJA member seemed golden. As many people post WTB's about drop brackets..... I expected a wave of purchases and threads.

Whats up with that?

everybody round these parts always has a hard on for rubicon express. jason over at rough country is a realy nice guy and does really take care of members. ive bought a few things for friends jeeps and it seems to be quality stuff, havent seen thier drop brackets tho, got some pics?

I'd order a set if I had more than 3" of lift...

I got 'em for 186 shipped.... and yep they include braces. Jason is the shiz over there at Rough Country.

I got mine for under $200 shipped.... they will be here tomorrow, and I'll be installing them this weekend.

Is there any advantage to a drop bracket at a low lift heigh (approx 4")?

It will make your XJ ride like stock again, and most likely offer a little more droop in situation where flex is desired.

x2elite said:
It will make your XJ ride like stock again, and most likely offer a little more droop in situation where flex is desired.

Will it add more lift? Will I be hitting those brackets on everything?

Do you hit your factory brackets on everything? They will only hang down another 3 or 4 inches from the factory ones.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Will it add more lift? Will I be hitting those brackets on everything?

It won't add any height. It puts the control arms more parallel to the ground. If you keep your front tires on TOP of the rocks, then the brackets won't hit. Sure, they'll hit sometimes. But they're pretty strong.

I've had my $20 junkyard drop brackets for a few years, with no issues at all.

xjohnnyc said:
I've had my $20 junkyard drop brackets for a few years, with no issues at all.

like... got lucky and found some in the yard or found something stock on another rig and made it work?????!?!?!?!?

GrimmJeeper said:
like... got lucky and found some in the yard or found something stock on another rig and made it work?????!?!?!?!?

Found some Trailmaster drop brackets on an XJ. Junkyard didn't know what to charge me for them. Then I bought some RE braces.

fiyerbirdie said:
I got 'em for 186 shipped.... and yep they include braces. Jason is the shiz over there at Rough Country.

It seems like a good price. But before I buy Rough Country, I'll wait to see how their drop brackets hold up.

I'll think you should go out to JV and bash them up on rocks to see how tough they are.. ;)

E

Is it me ot does it seem like the rubicons might be a little longer than the ruff countrys along the frame. Mine goes back to the crossmember dosent look like the ruff country go that far " support"

Judging by the pics on RE's website the flat piece goes all the way back to the TC, but the actual Gusset on the RE still only goes back about as far as the RC. Not only that, but the RC gusset is a stamped piece, and looks like it would probably be much more rigid, wheras the RE piece is just flat steel. At this point I have no real world experience with either, just taking a look and giving my $.02

the RE braces fit between the unibody frame rail and the tcase cross member.

And? The part that goes back that for is just a piece of flat metal. It can't provide that much support. The piece that provides the support would be the vertical gusset, that only extends back as far as the rough country one does.

Back