• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rollins

Still working on that furnace....

It's a really nice set-up and Mike keeps "finding" more work to do on it.... LOL

rpraterxj said:
Still working on that furnace....

It's a really nice set-up and Mike keeps "finding" more work to do on it.... LOL
He's just making sure that he gets everything taken care of while he's at it. No hurry now that winter's practically over.

When you posted this, he was on the motorcycle and not answering his phone.

HAD HE FREAKING ANSWERED HIS PHONE, HE COULD HAVE GIVEN ME A 20 SECOND FIX TO A PROBLEM THAT PAUL AND I SPENT THREE AND A HALF HOURS DOING.

i feel better now.

=)

leafhangerrepair1.jpg

leafhangerrepair2.jpg

Last edited:
cal said:
When you posted this, he was on the motorcycle and not answering his phone.

HAD HE FREAKING ANSWERED HIS PHONE, HE COULD HAVE GIVEN ME A 20 SECOND FIX TO A PROBLEM THAT PAUL AND I SPENT THREE AND A HALF HOURS DOING.

So, what was the fix?? More duct tape?? :spin1:

Serirously, what the heck happened??

E

The nut in the frame that holds the shackle in broke free, and backed off. I was able to move the bolt 3/4" in and out, but not tighten or loosen it.

After cutting into the frame from the top (which took a while) and welding it up, rollins returned my call. Apparently the smart thing to do would have been to drill a hole through the frame next to the nut, and plug weld it.

doh.

cal said:
The nut in the frame that holds the shackle in broke free, and backed off. I was able to move the bolt 3/4" in and out, but not tighten or loosen it.

After cutting into the frame from the top (which took a while) and welding it up, rollins returned my call. Apparently the smart thing to do would have been to drill a hole through the frame next to the nut, and plug weld it.

doh.
:doh:

Yeah... His solution sounds a lot easier..

E

Hey that looks like my trunk on Sunday. My upper shock nut was thrashed. Tap didn't work. So I drilled an expiatory pilot hole from underneath between the two holes.

Went top side with a razor blade to cut a flap in the carpet, then my angle grinder with a thin cut off wheel to get through a layer or two of the metal. Did it perfectly. I drilled out the old nut with a big bit, and then ground it flush with a rasp bit. The only thing that sucked was sparks flying around the carpet and the kindling flocken underneath the carpet. Not to mention above the gas tank. But I had rags covering most of the flocken. Plus water, plus extinguisher near by. No sweat. That was the easiest part of the whole job. I'll leave the flap open just in case. Plus I didn't weld the new nut. I just had the wife hold a wrench up above :D.

Back