• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Havin A Great Day

RªMB°

NAXJA Forum User
I was on my way down to Fontana this morning and my 242 T-Case grenaded itself "literally". Skwerly was on his way home from Riverside and stopped and gave a helping hand until the tow truck arrived. Thanks alot dude I appreciate it greatly.
Im off to the the wrecking yards to hike that gay broken 242 and try to insert and 231 if I can get ahold of it, but a 242 will do if thats all I find.
Skwerly give me a call later on around 5 if you get the time.

i think to swap to a 231 you need the tailcone off the trans, and the rear driveshaft. might want to dig around on here and see if you can some info about the swap.

If you do the swap. I have the 231 selector plate from my old console. Of course if you are pulling it at the yard you can grab it there as well. haha

GrimmJeeper said:
i think to swap to a 231 you need the tailcone off the trans, and the rear driveshaft. might want to dig around on here and see if you can some info about the swap.

The trans shouldnt matter, 4wd output is 4wd output, no? 231, 241, 242, d300, atlas, .. they should all bolt in assuming the correct input gear.

Im done with the 242, I locked down a 231 at the PAP and will be goin tomorrow and finish yanking it out and inserting it into my XJ. I went with tools but I also need to take with me a couple of jacks to hold tranny up and keep the t-case from killin me. FUN FUN FUN but hey its a XJ and cant argue the fact.

RªMB° said:
I was on my way down to Fontana this morning and my 242 T-Case grenaded itself "literally". Skwerly was on his way home from Riverside and stopped and gave a helping hand until the tow truck arrived. Thanks alot dude I appreciate it greatly.
Im off to the the wrecking yards to hike that gay broken 242 and try to insert and 231 if I can get ahold of it, but a 242 will do if thats all I find.
Skwerly give me a call later on around 5 if you get the time.

Man, he's not lying. I saw a red XJ on the shoulder of the FAST LANE Westbound 10 as I was headed toward Yucaipa Blvd Eastbound. I thought to myself, "what are the chances....". As I neared the wounded Jeep, I saw none other than Rambo looking at me and waving. I knew he wasn't chasing rabbits on the Interstate 10, so I figured I'd better see what was up. I flipped around and parked behind him. He did not get out. "That's odd...." I thought. It wasn't. With his t-case grenaded and no e-brake, he couldn't put it in park and have it stay.

Once I learned this, I thought it a bit funny, until I saw the t-case. It looked like a cutaway drawing in a Haynes manual. You could see ALL the gears, the chain was hanging down maybe six inches from the case, and the front driveshaft was demolished and still held part of the t-case on one end. Classic. There was probably a good 8-10 inches where you could see right in.

So we broke out the strap and hooked my winch to his D-ring so he could finally get his damn foot off the brake and get out. We checked it out, shook our heads, and continued to wait for the tow truck. I followed him much of the way home to make sure he was OK, then bailed to my pad to work for 5 hours or so on a paper that was due tonight, only to arrive at school to find class was cancelled.

This was not a good Tuesday for red Jeep owners.

Damn, talk about luck!! Godd stuff on you stopping and helping out Skwerly!!

Lol
Those fancy new fans cost me a pretty penny and it sounds like I have a built in air compressor. Wrenchin on the XJ this late at night sucks man.

RªMB° said:
Lol
Those fancy new fans cost me a pretty penny and it sounds like I have a built in air compressor. Wrenchin on the XJ this late at night sucks man.
I know they cost you a pretty penny... I'm asking because I'm considering doing it. How's it do temp wise now? Mine's CONSTANTLY at 210 at LEAST.

If I didn't have to work I'd offer to come over and help wrench with ya

My temp now stays at the mark below 210 even with the A/C running in traffic.
Have you tried a radiator flush or a new radiator?

If your gonna get an Al radiator make sure that they *DONT HAVE PLASTIC CORES* always get the metal core ones. I have heard that metal is the way to stay.

Ya man when ever let me know. Since I had help with mines Ill help you out with yours. When it comes time for the lift I know where I can find a wrencher =)

Finally got my 231 out of the PAP today after 3days of monkeying around with it. Off to Sears tomorrow for tools and if all goes to plan I should be wheeling tomorrow night or the following day:guitar: :D

Finally after a week of no t-case I finally got it altogether (besides 4wd linkage.) Gonna take it out in a bit and see it 4wd work(have to get under jeep and do so with t-case linkage)
Skwerly after I get the 4wd linkage fixed and I learn wtf I am doing there your is the next project in line after the M&G

Thanks XJJEEPER19 and RYURABBIT for all the help and support you have givin me the last week.
XJFRANKIE thanks for comin up tonight and helping me position that bad-boy.

Back