• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thermagasket??

Tyquan

NAXJA Forum User
Does this stuff work? Can anyone who who has actual experience using this stuff tell me if it has worked on their bown head gasket?

A blown head gasket is a blown head gasket, the fix is to put a new head gasket on and as quickly as possible to limit any damage from oil or coolant mixing together. The PIA part is removing and reinstalling the manifolds. If you have any plans for a header thats the time to do it.

X2
Temporary fix to a permanent problem, if it works. I have torn down (industrial) engines that have the thermagasket "fix". It contaminated the whole cooling system and ruined the oil pump, bearings, rings. Just do it right and replace the head gasket.

Last edited:
I just replaced my engine with another 4.0 that I bought for $600. I used more water then antifreeze and the water froze. The engine over heated 6 times while on my way to work and it damaged the head gasket. I have some bubbles in my coolant reservoir now. This shit sucks soo bad. I know the pain in the ass part is going to be the exhaust manifold part and when I take that off I have to buy a new air and exhaust manifold gaskets. It just seems like I just can't win. The used engine I bought came with a 3 month warranty so I'm just going to tell them the engine had a blown head gasket when I got it.

Tyquan said:
I just replaced my engine with another 4.0 that I bought for $600. I used more water then antifreeze and the water froze. The engine over heated 6 times while on my way to work and it damaged the head gasket. I have some bubbles in my coolant reservoir now. This shit sucks soo bad. I know the pain in the ass part is going to be the exhaust manifold part and when I take that off I have to buy a new air and exhaust manifold gaskets. It just seems like I just can't win. The used engine I bought came with a 3 month warranty so I'm just going to tell them the engine had a blown head gasket when I got it.
good luck with that,Its your responsibility to stop the engine if its overheating.If the telltales are melted they are going to tell you to pound sand.I would

I stopped about six times to let it cool off and when it went back to 210 I started it back up and kept driving and whn it hit 260 i shut it down. As of yet I dont see any water in the oil. I guess it would be better to put another engine in rather then replace the head gasket. It's soo cold here on the jersey shore, it makes it so hard to work on it.

Look at the upside, you won't be dealing with rusted frozen manifold bolts. I had one engine freeze like that on me, it was in a 62 Ford Falcon, luckily it did what it was supposed to and blew the freeze plugs out, parked in a garage for 3 days while it melted, hammered in new plugs and all was OK. Good luck and yea, it sucks when things happen this time of year and you don't have a garage to work in.

If you decide to just replace the cylinder head gasket, check the block and head, make sure they are not warped to bad. The bottom end should be fine, no reason to replace it unless its noisy/ coolant/water in the oil. cold sucks!!! you must have as buddy that owes you a favour and has a warm garage.

Back