• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TreadWright Retread questions

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at getting some 31x10.50 tires. I'f gonna need some new meats by this summer. I was lookin around, and saw mention of these retreads on here. Its a company called TreadWright. I've heard the name before.

heres the tires I'm looking at. http://treadwright.com/Tires-31x10_50R15_OTR-P15.aspx

I'm skeptical about retread offroad tires. You see strips of retreads on the highways all the time from semi trucks. I don't want that happening to me. Is anyone running any tires from TreadWright?

Its a good deal, 60 bucks a tire, and 70 bucks shipped to my door. Thats 130 bucks wich would buy me maybe one other tire. So I really wanna know if its worth it to save some green. Thanks guys.

Cornflake said:
try hi-tech retreading. lots of people on here have used them and they hold up well.
hi-tech is now called TreadWright, caught me off guard also.

85xj4dr said:
I'm looking at getting some 31x10.50 tires. I'f gonna need some new meats by this summer. I was lookin around, and saw mention of these retreads on here. Its a company called TreadWright. I've heard the name before.

heres the tires I'm looking at. http://treadwright.com/Tires-31x10_50R15_OTR-P15.aspx

I'm skeptical about retread offroad tires. You see strips of retreads on the highways all the time from semi trucks. I don't want that happening to me. Is anyone running any tires from TreadWright?

Its a good deal, 60 bucks a tire, and 70 bucks shipped to my door. Thats 130 bucks wich would buy me maybe one other tire. So I really wanna know if its worth it to save some green. Thanks guys.

PM Zacsquatch. IIRC he just bought a set of tires from them. If they can hold up to his abuse, then they should hold up to pretty much anything!

I love my 285's, loud, but my exaust covers it, and clean out oh so sweet...

Zac, are you running the OTR's? I'm probably gonna get some once I've got the extra $$ to do so, so I can put my A/T's on my wifes 90 XJ. It'll be mostly for forest trails/expedition style stuff and some mud. Not really into rock gardens and such.

How are they on the road?

So far they have been great on the road. I got mine in december, and they have gotten me from school to home 4 times now, thats a lil over 200 miles each way.. They are great in town as well.

I have the mud's, mine were $80 a peice on sale, 25 each for shipping.

Also, I balanced them with 10oz of airsolf bb's each.. thats one green bucket from walmart to do all 4. Hi-tec balances them within 7oz before they leave the plant. I threw an extra 3oz in just to be safe.

We do a lot of trails, mud/rock and such.. they've done great.
34.jpg

One downfall... not the best in snow.. not enough siping.

Cornflake said:
try hi-tech retreading. lots of people on here have used them and they hold up well.

Hi Tech is now treadwright.

I run their M/T's... they hold up great, no problems. Really stand behind their product too.

I've been using their tires on my f250 tow rig for several years. They have held up very well. I'm happy with them. Great tires for the price

I almost bought em and heard and read very good things

Back