• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing Shock Bushings.

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
So i need to remove my old shock bushing, but doesn't want to come out as easy as my others have in the past. Whats the easiest/most effective way to get em out? Note: I do not have very many tools. no bench vice, nothing like that. Guess i should rephrase that...How can i get em out with limited tools?

FIRE, Fire that'd be cool :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:
used that on my control arm bushings

Why stop there, a shotgun would probably do the trick. Or you could lube them by squarting penetrating oil on them.......Then shoot them with a shotgun.

Cherokeekid88 said:
How can i get em out with limited tools?
MAPP Gas should be one of those necessary tools like a "BFH"

Or just buy a new shock, dynamite could be the most fun and a gallon of gas
How about automatic rifles?

get a wooden dowel or some all thread and some wd-40 and a bfh

whack away at the dowel while pushing the edge of the bushing in and down little by little. some times they need to be cut out so a thin hack saw blade will be your friend in that case

A clamp is your friend, big deep socket on one side, smaller deep socket on the other, turn clamp.

RichP said:
A clamp is your friend, big deep socket on one side, smaller deep socket on the other, turn clamp.
Aw, thats no fun! It's slow and boring. It doesn't even have the satisfying adrenaline rush of swinging a BFH or making fire. I guess some people just want to get the job done.

Back