• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Irratic Idle Question.

B.RAIDER

NAXJA Forum User
I repaired an ill fixed (by someone else) vacuum line to the Map sensor located on the firewall.

The plastic line had been broken at some point and a rubber line was slipped over it (connecting the two ends together). The inside diameter of the old rubber line was too big so I replaced it ( the rubber line) with a better fitting one.

Now I have an irratic idle from 750 to 1000 rpms.

Do I need to reset my TPS?
It was a simple fix....so I know I didn't disturb any of the other stuff in that general area...........:dunno:

Last edited:
Well, I tinkered a bit with the line and apparently it is a fitting issue. I have it (if it stays) at just under 1000 rmp at idle. It was staying about 750-800 before I did the change.

Any suggestions as to how to stop it from leaking where it goes into the manifold ... a little RTV maybe (where the plastic line enters the rubber plug that inserts into the manifold)?

Back