• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

100 pictures, 2007

Captain Ron

NAXJA Forum User
Just remembering 2007...

ao01.jpg

ao02.jpg

ao03.jpg

ao04.jpg

ao05.jpg

ao06.jpg

ao07.jpg

ao08.jpg

ao09.jpg

ao10.jpg

Last post will have credits.

--ron

Jump This said:
Damn Ron, you hang out with some major goof balls!!

:D

I try to avoid you.

But it often doesn't work out despite my best efforts, you goof ball.

--ron

PS: So where are you putting me up at? You do know that I'm flying out to Borrego for the jambo SCXJ thing right? BTW, you are supposed to be at home when we all go out there, ask Mike G and Eddie...

And Big Bear Fest... I'll only have time to fly there before Utah...

Thanks in advance.

1 - 10

1) Left crosswind departure, KCMA. This is looking over KNTD (Point Mugu, towards Port Hueneme and Santa Cruz Island. RJ photo.

2) The water tables and Point Mugu NAWS. The real part of Ventura County. Not SoCal or NorCal, way better than both. Prove me wrong. RJ

3) Malibu during the only real south of the season. I passed by on my way around 6AM to pick up Eddie G at Santa Monica and Mike G at Palomar to have breakfast/lunch at Borrrego Springs Airport. Eddie is a great right seater, and I owe him some saftey pilot time for this trip, and for turning me on to the club at Santa Monica. RJ

4) Belly skid project. Opie did most of the engineering on this one. If you think this looks easy, you have not worked for me. Opie did some good preliminary work on this. Scrappy photo.

5) Belly skid detail. Scrappy has been paying attention, he did most of the MIG work, and it looks like it's supposed to theses days. My son Chris did the TIG work. Goatman owes the kid a lunch for the work on this ( I'll bring him up there to collect in the next few weeks, hope your ready to meet us at L45, Bakersfield Muni...). if in doubt, ask Dave or Paul how Dave's busted Aliminum rims look now. I showed Chris how to do it once, and he had the process down cold, only wish you'll ever have those skills down cold. Terry Carter, AKA BRD on Pirate did the QC, and the polishing on the rims. A lifetime of craftmanship... Scrappy photo.

6) C-172SP first rate x-country rig. RJ

7) Scrappy, first breakfast on the Hi Seas. OJ and Champgne. RJ

8) Approaches to Little Scorps from the S SE, Santa Cruz Island, CA. RJ

9) 21750, the current x-country toy. RJ

10) Left cross wind departure, KCMA, RNY 08.
--ron

11 - 20)

1) Left crosswind departure, KCMA, Looking over Camarillo, towards Simi. RJ photo.

2) Life or death GPS in IMC. Accept no substitute. RJ

3) Over Ventura, climbing to 8500, looking towards Santa Barbara, Lake Casitias on the right. RJ

4) A sticker at Furnace Creek. Leads into next photo RJ

5) No comment. Scrappy Photo.

6) Forced Labor, the only kind on a Toyota. RJ.

7) A sticker at Furnace Creek. Leads into next photo RJ

8) No comment. Scrappy Photo.

9) KAVX, Avalon, Catalina, CA. RJ

10) Catalina Airport, sailed there a million times, flying there is an entirely different experience. RJ

11) SoCalXj Freaks, best folks on the planet next to NAXJA Fags. RJ

--ron

Captain Ron said:
I try to avoid you.

But it often doesn't work out despite my best efforts, you goof ball.

--ron

PS: So where are you putting me up at? You do know that I'm flying out to Borrego for the jambo SCXJ thing right? BTW, you are supposed to be at home when we all go out there, ask Mike G and Eddie...

And Big Bear Fest... I'll only have time to fly there before Utah...

Thanks in advance.

I can pick you up at the airport and you can hang in the RV out at Truckhaven...
Tell me when your coming in.

Rick

Captain Ron said:
3) Malibu during the only real south of the season. I passed by on my way around 6AM to pick up Eddie G at Santa Monica and Mike G at Palomar to have breakfast/lunch at Borrrego Springs Airport. Eddie is a great right seater, and I owe him some saftey pilot time for this trip, and for turning me on to the club at Santa Monica. RJ

Wasn't that in 08? Was a fun trip regardless, thanks again. :D

Back