• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new bling pics

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
Oooh, shinny timken/spicer parts.

She rides pretty nice now. Still a little vibrations at high speeds 70+ from the front end on the fwy from something. Not sure what. The front driveshaft shaft has been balanced and totally rebuilt. But it's MUCH better after new wheel bearings and ball joints. Especially on the street, it glides and turns nice. Thanks to Mark for the special cups. Thanks to Cal for the tip on where to get Timken locally. Many thanks to Ryan for all his guidance and place to wrench.

Lookin nice man.
Where and how much for a new wheel bearing/hub assembly?
Mines sounds like a tank on tracks :banghead:

jeezzz I thought you were going to post up pics of some shinny new shocks or something... since you were inquiring about shock mount's.. Nice bearings by the way..

CleanRC: Yeah, I'm sticking with the shocks I got. I gotta fab up a new mount I think.

Rambo: My 24 hour AutoZone wanted 155 for the Timkens, but had to order them and then their computers went down, and I was going out of town. So I went over to Parts Plus and they wanted 170 but had em on the shelf. After I shat my pants on the 170, I got em for 147. I've seen em on line for about a 100, but I needed them quick.

jjmat3 said:
Does the 513107 fit all years? Notice it mostly shows as a Wrangler part online. Think I am about overdue for a set myself.

You can use any XJ/TJ unit bearing on any year, as long as you get the rotors to match. Rotors are usually about $15.

I set a rig up for a friend, a 93, with 87 knuckles and calipers, 2001 hubs and rotors. Works great.

Back