• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broke PCV Valve

88XjLaredo

NAXJA Forum User
I was trying to replace the PCV valve and the damn thing just broke. How am I suppose to get this thing out? I've tried to use a flat head but it just keeps breaking off at the base! How much force is required to get this damn thing out? I'm suppose to go on a Jeep ride tomorrow morning so I need to get this fixed asap. I don't suppose I could drive it for a good 15-20 minutes to our wheeling spot and let some fellow XJ'ers help me with it?

pull the valve cover and pop it out from the bottom. Napa carries the replacement parts. If you search you should be able to find the part #'s.

If you're referring to an 88 (based on your handle), there is no PCV valve. There's a metered orifice at the rear of the VC connected to a vacuum port on the manifold and a fresh air tube at the front connected to the airbox.

Which one broke?

I did the same thing. You just need to be patient and work at whats left with a pair of small channel locks. try to be carefull and not let any of the small parts fall down the hole. It is a pain but it will eventually pop out.

Back