• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no wipers heat or radio

pist5.0

NAXJA Forum User
1996 xj country 4.0, aw4, 231,133,000, the other day my radio stopped working once the heater was turned on. Now the heater controls don't work, no radio and the wipers stopped working today. I have checked all the fuses and they are good. The ignition switch is good, I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated. Hopefully before it snows.:tears:

On earlier models, these items are fed with a single power source from the ignition switch. earliest was a brown wire, later an orange wire. chances are a problem with the ignition switch. how did you test that the circuit on the switch is ok? you will need a meter to check

The switch is about a year old. it could be bad. I had a friend that works at a local 4x4 shop come by and check it. He said the switch seems to be fine but he did no testing with a multi meter. The radio started to work today and then it stopped again. My first thought was the switch, but he tried to dispel that theory. I was going to pick one up but when someone puts doubt in your head, it makes it hard to part with $54.00.​

Back