• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone at Pendleton?

I know there are a few NAXJA Marines around here.. Maybe they are all deployed right now.

How nice are you talking about?? Bling Bling nice?? or Cool, they have a few dents from wheeling Nice??

E

talk to me about a month ago and i was......

see you when i get back!

i live just outside of base (fallbrook) and allways wondered if non military could go wheeling out there. i know they give camping and fishing passes to ex-military and family memebers. but never heard anything of just wheeling around. anyone got any info on that?

i have this govy i use its an 83 blazer with a hmmwv engine in it and i go on the hmmwv trails... i havent tryed it in my own jeep thow.. i dont think that personal vehicles can be used to hit some trails here. but the again i have hit a few myself. not that great thow. i have heard of some out by fallbrook gate that are really good, but i have yet to see them.

if you all want to get on a good trail i suggest that you plan a little get away in early summer late spring around....end of may early june and head up to lake tahoe, go to deer valley off of the 89 twords hope valley, they have some pretty..... fun trails. but you might want an oil pan skid same with gas tank n maybe a diff skid before you hit them trails. i have my bro in tahoe hes mostly in the sierra chapter, but he knows a ton of crazy trails around that area. from pendelton its a 9 hr drive up the 15 to the 395 to tahoe. its not that bad of a drive.

EliasJ123 said:
I know there are a few NAXJA Marines around here.. Maybe they are all deployed right now.

How nice are you talking about?? Bling Bling nice?? or Cool, they have a few dents from wheeling Nice??

E

I am deployed right now. And I mean nice in different ways, some have some dents and are definately wheelers. And there are a couple very clean ones.

I was actually wondering about the trails on base myself. You can get way back in some places, but I don't know who is responsible for the land. I have driven some trails in HMMWVs just messing around, but don't really know it it's ok to drive up there in a POV.

WickedOnE350, let me know if you find out about the Fallbrook trails, I am interested in that. I live in De Luz by the Naval Weapons gate, so that is just down the road from me.

forsure... ill prolly go messin around there soon... that govy 9th comm has is the 83 or 82 blazer with hmmwv motor in it. its a mud boggin beast. but yeah one of my friends over there knows all sorts of trails so... ill scope it out and get back to ya. when u get back? u in fallujah or what? my unit just left... but yea if i find anything ill let you know... take care...

WickedOnE530 said:
forsure... ill prolly go messin around there soon... that govy 9th comm has is the 83 or 82 blazer with hmmwv motor in it. its a mud boggin beast. but yeah one of my friends over there knows all sorts of trails so... ill scope it out and get back to ya. when u get back? u in fallujah or what? my unit just left... but yea if i find anything ill let you know... take care...

I get back next month. No, not Fallujah, I at Camp Cupcake, aka Al Asad. Your unit just left to come home or to go there? Are those trails off base in Fallbrook supposedly?

You used to be able to go up to Casey spring (sp). It is just before the Las Pulgas area on Basilone Rd. You had to check in with range control and the game warden befor you left the hardball. There is a big spring you can fish in right out side range 409.

I do not know of any legal wheelin areas on base there. If you get caught you will get hammered!

umm i dont know if they are off of base or what... i heard they were on base. im a little sketch about wheelin on base since most of the trails are flat dirt roads, but i heard of those good ones... i will scout them next week thow. and my unit just left in jan and are now in fallujah. i was med hold...( just had knee surgery) so i couldnt go. im hoping half way. i want to come back with some cash to throw into my jeep. right now its all stock so... i have a project ahead of me. but yea when you get back maybe you could help me with a few things. im new to the JEEP legacy

Back