• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrenching party Feb 16th - Fort Worth side of town

mikegronholz

NAXJA Forum User
Posted up on LSJC a couple of weeks ago ... as soon as the site is up again, I'll post the link. looks like about 12 Heeps so far. Plenty of space. There are welders, tools, torches, chop saws, air compressor and tools, etc. as well as people that no how to use them.

Location is actually in Briar, TX ... between Boyd and Azle on FM 730. About 30 min from DT FW and about 75 min from DT Dallas. Burgers will be available and i am hoping the burn ban will be lifted by then so we can have a big fire as the sun goes down. I am on 6 acres so there is plenty of space. No concrete, so be prepared to get dusty. Spots for at least 4-5 is cover areas with lights for any work that carries over in to the night.

I am there!!!! That is only a couple of minutes from my house. Maybe I can finally figure what is wrong with my exaust/intake.

Just checking, but think someone can help me learn how to change out my gears in my D30. I have a tru-trac to install with a 4.56 set.

I'm hoping ... I have gears and a locker to put in a 30 and 44 as well :)

Hehe how hard can it be? <---- that gets me into more trouble so often.

What does it take to make a front recovery points? or points in general? As the Jeep is nearing completeness enough to go the events I am beginning to think I am lacking tow points. Should I buy something or can some metal be used to make something work for now till I get a decent front bumper?

An old machinist once told me:

"Anything is possible, if you throw enough money at it."

Can recovery points be made ? sure. some 1/4" flat bar welded together and mounted to the bumper mounts similar to how the aftermarket bumpers are mounted with some d-rings welded to them ought to get you by ... for that matter, upgrade to some 1/4" cannel and you basically just made a bumper. So yeah, anything is possible. 6" x 1/4" flatbar is probably around $5/ft ... so somewhere around $30-40 should get that.

If y'all dont mind helping build one, I would love to do something like that.
I feel so gimpy with most of my right hand in a cast, I can still wrench though ;)

not sure if we can get it all done at the party, but we can get a good plan. And you live close enough to me that we can finish it up after the plan is laid out and we get some steel. We can spend some good time designing it and making sure it will work as intended.

Sounds like a good deal. I am scrambling around to make sure I have all the parts necessary to get everything up and running by the time to go to the hot springs trip. If I dont get the rear in it wont be a big deal, I am pretty much being held up saving for tires right now. Some pistons from Hesco ripped through this months budget this afternoon. Friggen stroker is stroking the wallet alot lately.

I have some 32" BFG Muds I'd let go cheap ... like 60% off ... and they only have 2500 miles on them !!!!!!!!

16"?

yep ... 265/75-16 bfg mud t/as to be exact. less than 2500 miles, less than 1 month old ... have the reciept for confirmation ... original cost was $1018 before taxes and mounting and balancing.

Well, I'm planning to get my fuel filter replaced on Saturday, but since the tank is currently sitting on the ground beneath the jeep I can't exactly run it out to your place for help. That said, I'm hoping to get my stuff done early saturday and get out there by early afternoon so I can meet some folks and offer up a pair of hands.

I will see what the old bank account can handle.

Cool ... let me know ... I am pretty easy to work with. I have no doubt we can work something out.

I was curious how this went considering the lovely weather we had on Saturday. I didn't get my fuel pump repaired until late Saturday so I wasn't able to make it out.

We had a great time ... about 10-12 people ... 20 burgers and a bunch of chips and drinks. We accomplished:

Front and rear diff fluid\skid change
CB Bracket creation
Lower Control arm bracket replacement
Electrical issue ... RESOLVED
Spring perches and calipers added to 14 bolt
Built from scratch rocker guards for an XJ
Modifying some AJ Rails so they would fit as they are supposed to

So we had a good time ... got the fire going and everything.

Back