• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ has a Gremlin

bryanthieme

NAXJA Forum User
Well after changing the AC compressor, and not hooking it up, I got the jeep running again. I had been sitting for about a week, in michigan so a mix of snow and rain. I was going to take it to work yesterday when my check engine light came on and the jeep kept hesitating. So I turn around and park it and take the other car in. When I get home I read the engine code and I got an O2 sensor fault. After clearing that I start the vehicle and everything was fine. The I turn it off and restart and I get another engine fault, I read that and it says Maps sensor. I clear and that I didn't get another fault yet, but it doesn't seem to want to idle too good either...

Think my gas is bad or something else might be going on?
Thanks for any ideas!

Bryan

What year is your Jeep?
How many miles on the 02 sensor(s)?
How old is the gas?
How was it running before you changed the AC compressor?
When was the last tune-up?
What were the exact codes you pulled?

Based on what you have told us, I would inspect all the vac lines to ensure none have come loose or been damaged while servicing the AC compressor. I would also closely inspect/clean and re-secure the engine harness, sensor connectors, and grounds,...maybe look at a spark plug to see if things look good or if things are running rich or lean.

Then clear the codes and see what happens from there.

its a '97 with 120k
Everything was working fine before AC
I cleared the codes, and drove to work today without any problem...

The car was sitting about a week, gas was maybe 1 week old as well.

Seems fine now!

Back