• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YESS!!!another no start thread

chrslefty

NAXJA Forum User
sorry but i need alittle help !

hers the deal !
89 4.0 with the AW4 (my beast of burden ) : )
so no start,just a click , so I cleaned the NSS ,it was acting up.it wouldn't start ,humm..
so by buddy comes over to help and wala !! shes alive !! and my revers lits work for the first time since Ive owned it .so the next day or so i go to leave and nadda !so i adjusted the NSS still nothing after a lot of searching this is what i got ;no start with jumper cable directly to starter ,big and little ,i did get a click tough !then i hooked up the ground to the battery and i got a slooow crank whohoo. so... do i need to replace the starter ?or is it still the nss . oh yea i readjusted the NSS so that the revers lits come no ,still no start just the click ? any help would be appreciated thanks !

my starter is bad 2 but it always works when I beat it with a window scrapper. have some on try to start it while you tap it with a hammer.

I say you need a new starter that click is a sign that your starter is getting voltage but not spinning up. If it was your NSS the starter would not click.

Ron

Back