• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

questions about jacking up and using jackstands?

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
ok so I have jacked up a vehical before to change tires and look at breaks but I have never used jackstands before so i have a couple questions about jacking up my jeep?

first off where are the best places to lift the jeep from? the hanyes book says under the front differential?

when jacking up my jeep, do i want to lift one side up at a time, place a jack stand on the axel then raise up the other side and put hte jack stand under?

where exactly is the best place for jackstands so i can work under it safely??

blazinjames said:
when jacking up my jeep, do i want to lift one side up at a time, place a jack stand on the axel then raise up the other side and put hte jack stand under?

where exactly is the best place for jackstands so i can work under it safely??

one side at a time and supporting the axle with the stands is fine but I got a large set of jackstands that i use to support the jeep from the frame rails. I just can't trust the little ones as much; with large tires the little ones start to get maxed out and scary.

with "normal" (235/75/15 - 265/75/15) tires you are safe putting the stands under the axles. anything bigger (over 31") in tire size get the HD jackstands.

If you need the SUV jack, you need the beefy stands... I have 6K stands for my repairs. I block the rear tires, jack the whole front up and put the stands under the frame rails.

Back