• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rims

Gnat5680

NAXJA Forum User
ok so the most supidist question ever (yes, i said stupidist)

if i find a pair of 15inch wheels with the right bolt pattern they will work on a jeep right?

also consider BS, back spacing. to avoid issues you'll want ones with similar bs to the stock wheels.

Gnat5680 said:
that brings me to another question. what is the stock bs and what are the pros and cons of a wider bs?

I beleive 4.5" is the optimal backspace on an 8" rim for the jeep cherokee. Anymore and you will could run into problems with the tires contacting suspension parts.

SEARCH. I'm sorry, but every thread this guy starts turns into 5 pages of stuff that's been covered hundreds of times, yet people respond to him every time. Search for 'backspacing' and you will find all your answers and info on what kind of rim, size, backspacing, everything that you need to fit whatever size tire you have to go with whatever amount of lift you have.

Chris

backspace.jpg

Less backspacing makes your tires stick out more, but puts more stress on your hubs and steering. More backspacing tucks your tires closer in to the body, but can lead to clearance issues.

Back