• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Breakage from Cleg... any ideas?

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
When I got off the trail at Cleg, I went to hook my sway back up.

The bolt on the axle end that you put the eye of the link through, and then put the snap ring pin on the end of was broken! I had no idea these things were hollow until I saw it broken about 3/4 of the way around. I was able to bend it back and get the link on it for the ride home, but I don't trust it as is for any more driving, odds are it will break the rest of the way.

So.... does anyone make one of these that is solid? A hollow part seems kind of pointless, especially if it can break like it did. RE's site has been down for the past few days, haven't had a chance to call them.

Does anyone have one of these local?

just to clarify, are you using JKS Quicker Disconnects?

They are hollow to allow them to slip over the ends. Your least expensive option is to contact RE and tell tehm what happened. They might just send a new one or you would have to buy it.

A better option (IMO) is ditch the RE and get a set of JKS Quicker Disconnects. More money, but a better product.

Good luck!

djblade311 said:
just to clarify, are you using JKS Quicker Disconnects?

RE. Came with the lift. I've been happy with them up to this point.

rpraterxj said:
They are hollow to allow them to slip over the ends. Your least expensive option is to contact RE and tell tehm what happened. They might just send a new one or you would have to buy it.

A better option (IMO) is ditch the RE and get a set of JKS Quicker Disconnects. More money, but a better product.

Good luck!
Doh. I completely forgot how they went together, now I remember why they're hollow, thanks.

I'll have to call RE, I've got so many other things to do to the Jeep to get ready for Moab that changing my quick discos to something else isn't what I want to do at the moment.

16 bucks to replace it from RE. Could have been worse.

NRT_Chris said:
I say ditch the hole thing and get a anti-rock! I have on and it works great.

you buying? :D

Back