• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TURN SIGNALS STOPPED WORKING 96XJ

LSMOPARS

NAXJA Forum User
First off its a 1996 JX 4.0L
On sunday I went out to get some gas and as I went to turn into the gas station I put my turn signal on but nothing happend, they just went dead they work just before that fine and the four ways still work fine so I went home and started to try and figger it out. I tested all the fuses under the dash and under the hood and they all are good. Then I went and got a new flasher realay and still no turn signals after that I changed out the turn signal swich and still no turn signals. All the bulb are good they flash when the four ways are on but nothing when I turn left or right if any one has any ideas please help
:soapbox:
I have been seaching
this for the last three night

Got tilt steering? Try rocking the wheel up and down a couple times. If the alt is low charging, the flasher can sometimes quit. Had the ignition slider partially break in a couple rigs where some stuff would work and others wouldn't.

looks to me like there must be an open circuit somewhere...
The combination flasher gets power at pin 1 of the flasher, from the ignition switch circuit through fuse F8 in the FUSE BLOCK.. I know you checked the fuse, but check for power at the fuse and pin 1 of the flasher. (the hazards circuit is powered from a different fuse, F4 in the PDC). If you have power continue checking as follows:
The combination flasher in your relay center then provides power to the multifunction switch for your turn signal lights on a wire from C242 pin 4 (connector at the flasher/relay center), up through the harness along the steering column, to the multifunction switch connector C228 pin 17. It does the same thing for the hazard flash circuit but on a different wire (C242 pin 3 to C228 pin 13).
Since the hazards work, but the turn signals don't, and you have changed the combination flasher, and the multifunction switch, it seems to me the circuit must be open...check this wiring for continuity.

First off I want to thank MCQue very much, you info and advice was very helpfull I found the problem and it was an easy fix. It turned out to be some corotion on the wire comeing out of the fuse going to the realy all I did was pull the fuse out and cleaned the connection the and its all working now.

Just want to thank everyone that
gave advice and helped out.
:D :yelclap: :clap:

Back