• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help...snapped front brake hose

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Went wheelin today and snapped my front drivers side brake hose(soft line).Don't know how it happened because my wheels were not at full lock and I wasn't fully flexed....but I need a front hose that will fit on my rig on a budget.

I priced a replacement hose that came in my re 5.5" lift from rubicon expresses site and they want 40.00 a piece!!

What other hoses fit with a 5.5 lift?Oh and does someone have a pic of properly installed extended lines so I can make sure I had mine routed right in the first place?
T.I.A

Last edited:
If you don't have anything useful to add,why post at all???

I don't have a problem paying to play but the purpose of this post is to see if someone knows of a cheaper alternative from another vehicle or application that is 22" long.

How long are full size dodge ram front brake lines?I wonder if they'll bolt up....and cost less

maybe you would have more luck with front brake lines, but when i was swapping a rear axle at like 1 AM and had to pick up a new "extended" brake line, i spent hours at the advance auto (24 hour) and NOTHING was even close to what i needed, we went in the back and just dug thru all the boxes to see if something would suffice, but nothing.

btw, there are some weird ass shaped brake lines out there....

-Tim

jeepdeepfreak said:

I don't have a problem paying to play but the purpose of this post is to see if someone knows of a cheaper alternative from another vehicle or application that is 22" long.

How long are full size dodge ram front brake lines?I wonder if they'll bolt up....and cost less

jeepdeepfreak said:

when you ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer. YJ brake lines have been discussed 10 times over. dont fill up the forum with unnecessary garbage because you are too lazy to search.

redyouch said:
gotta pay to play pal

24pm0yo.jpg

I'm NOT gonna pay a lot for this muffler!!!!!!

redyouch said:
when you ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer. YJ brake lines have been discussed 10 times over. don't fill up the forum with unnecessary garbage because you are too lazy to search.

First of all the search feature is a joke
second of all You talk like your name's in red.......why should you care what I post on here,I don't see your name in red.If you don't like this post don't read it!!!You prove that you have no life by adding useless comments to peoples posts.

jeepdeepfreak said:
You talk like your name's in red.......why should you care what I post on here,I don't see your name in red.
Hmmm...I see you with nearly 1,000 posts - why isn't YOUR name in red?

Whats the differnece if his name is in red or not. Someone with almost 1,000 post should be able to find another brake line.

Yes I've read the posts about the wrangler lines and from what I deduced they are good up to 4 inches of lift....I'm sittin around 5.5-6" that's why I started this thread because I don't think the wranglers would be long enough.

Maybe I should have tittled my post "will wrangler hoses work with 5-6 inches of lift"....

In all this b.s. a simple "look into wrangler lines,they might work"would have saved us all some time......

ipkyss said:
Whats the differnece if his name is in red or not. Someone with almost 1,000 post should be able to find another brake line.

I didn't pull your chain
I forgot opec. is controlling server space now so we better use it frugally...better yet let's automatically tell each other that posts a question on here to "search" or "you have 1000 posts you should already know"That way we don't waste that much space.
"What's the difference,(not differnece)this is an open jeep discussion forum" and if I want to ask a question about a brake line,it's a free country......Why is it always about post count?Next we'll be dropping our pants and breaking out the tape.....

Last edited:
jeepdeepfreak said:
I didn't pull your chain
I forgot opec. is controlling server space now so we better use it frugally...better yet let's automatically tell each other that posts a question on here to "search" or "you have 1000 posts you should already know"That way we don't waste that much space.
"What's the difference,(not differnece)this is an open jeep discussion forum" and if I want to ask a question about a brake line,it's a free country......Why is it always about post count?Next we'll be dropping our pants and breaking out the tape.....
24y68h5.gif

I didn't like the look of the front YJ lines when I looked at them. Also the RE 5.5 lines are not long enough IMO, I snapped one of mine off as well. I bought some longer ones and they ran me about $40 a piece :D.

Something I do find funny is my ABS lines are PLENTY long lol but the brake lines were not? WTF?

well i KNOW the yj REAR line is 3 1/2 inches longer than an XJ's,
but i believe that the yj and the XJ FRONT brake lines are the exact same length and part number........

jeepdeepfreak said:
I didn't pull your chain
Free?
No, JU is free.
Around here, we (NAXJA being OPEC) PAY for our server space.
Sponges, of the likes of yourself, are why we raised membership rates recently.
Personally, I would be happy if you took your 1000 posts back to JU and ask them
the questions, that you're too lazy to search for on our dime, and stay there.
As far as NAXJA is concerned, you've worn out your welcome with this thread.

Back