• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vacume bottle?

thebluebuffalo

NAXJA Forum User
what is the small black container in the front bumper on the passengers side? i'm removing the front bumper and found it. is it important? where can i move it so i can have a custom bumper?

It is your vacume that helps control different things... heater, cruise, etc... you can relocate it near the firewall on the pass side... you just have to move the vacume lines.

JoeOffRoad said:
It is your vacume that helps control different things... heater, cruise, etc... you can relocate it near the firewall on the pass side... you just have to move the vacume lines.

so it will not affect how the rig runs?

it also helps keep the vacume pressure for the engine and other components when accelerating...like they said before, just relocate it :peace:

When you have your Jeep running and the hood up, do you hear any kind of noise that sounds like a sucking sound or an air leak? You can use some brake clean and spray around the noise with your engine running and when you spray over a spot and your engine stumbles you have found your leak. If you infact have a vacuum leak it could cause a lot of the problems you have described and more.

jeeptx23 said:
When you have your Jeep running and the hood up, do you hear any kind of noise that sounds like a sucking sound or an air leak? You can use some brake clean and spray around the noise with your engine running and when you spray over a spot and your engine stumbles you have found your leak. If you infact have a vacuum leak it could cause a lot of the problems you have described and more.

if i had a vacuum leak, could i hear it easily? or could it be a bunch of little leaks that can barely be heard?

what would i be listening for? hissing?

I took mine and put i between the battery and the rh shock tower

I am having issues with getting my 4x4 system to work. From what I understand it is also on a vacume system. Does it share the same system vacume bottle on front passenger side you are talking about? Also I seem to have a hissing sound from rear of vehicle while it runs. Could there be a vacume line in rear that goes to transfer case or loosing vacume from rear? I recently had put in a (junky aftermarket fuel pump.. that makes noise.. sigh) but it doesnt smell like fuel leak or sound like it is from the fuel pump.. more to the driver side rear. I am thinking of doing away with the vacume shift thing for the 4x4 system but I want to ensure that is the problem before spending money. My part-time light on dash goes on when i put into 4x4 drive. My 4x4 drive system worked last time I went wheeling as it was a pain to get it into 4 low and made noise. Now it doesnt make noise at all.

Thanks.

Back