• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake suggestions

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the brakes on the jeep (2001 8.25 rear) . what are some recommendations for good brakes from advance or auto zone or napa...im not trying to spend a fortune. thanks for any input

replace your brakes? what needs replacing. worn rotors or drums? pads or shoes? bad booster? abs? lines? hows your fluid? can you be anymore vague?

gijosiahh said:
I need to replace the brakes on the jeep (2001 8.25 rear) . what are some recommendations for good brakes. thanks for any input

Probably the best suggestion for good brakes would be to do a disc brake conversion..., BUT.... that would cost several hundred $$$.

CharlesS said:
Probably the best suggestion for good brakes would be to do a disc brake conversion..., BUT.... that would cost several hundred $$$.
yeah maybe a full hot rod big brake kit with some nice 4 piston calipers. check out wilwood or ssbc. that should do the trick. add some big and littles for that old school rake look. loose the fenders. sorry wrong forum.

gijosiahh said:
I need to replace the brakes on the jeep (2001 8.25 rear) .

Go to NAPA and get their best brake parts. Trying to save a few dollars on brake repairs is stupid. If you buy the cheap stuff it never really fits right and it doesn't last very long. You end up re-doing your brakes in a year or two and spending more money.

get WAGNER thermoquiet pads and shoes, excellent wear, no dust, no squealing, lifetime warranty, I get them at Oreilly's but I'm sure other places have them too

If you aren't looking for hot-rod type stuff, there is no need to spend a lot of $. I usually go with Advance Auto and buy middle of the line pads or shoes. The least expensive ones seem to squeek kinda bad after a while.

go anywhere and get some stock replacements and turn drums and rotors.pads and sheos should'nt cost any more than $40-$50 bucks and turning is'nt nessasary unless the surfases look rough or uneven.

CJ's98XJ said:
If you aren't looking for hot-rod type stuff, there is no need to spend a lot of $. I usually go with Advance Auto and buy middle of the line pads or shoes. The least expensive ones seem to squeek kinda bad after a while.
my cheapos have just started squeaking after about a year.

Back