• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4ROCKSHOP

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone familiar with this company? Good/Bad service? I need to buy an adjustable track bar for 4.5" of lift. I was looking at the JKS. Have only found it for $204 being the cheapest and this 4X4ROCKSHOP offers free shipping too... I'm trying to find the best price out there for a stout track bar.

I was also looking at the RE1600. But from looking at it, it seems that you have to buy the track bar and the mount as well? $157 for the bar, $75 for the mount bracket? Anyone know another place where I can get a good stout track bar at a decent price? I tried eBay...nothing in Craigslist local either, and I can't post in WTB section here.

The mount is for the RE1660, the RE1600 doesnt require it.

I'd probably go RE, but JKS does make quality products.

I bought a couple of things from 4x4rockshop in like 2005, they arrived in a reasonable time, can't really say any good nor bad beyond that?

I read another post about the JKS being greaseable... what's the advantage to that over the RE? I want something that will last, be sturdy and not cost an arm and a leg :viking: So far the RE1600 is looking mighty favorable.

Its just a different kind of joint. The upper joint on the RE doesnt use grease, and you replace it for $27 every couple of years. I'm the "go prepared" type, so I bought my replacement right away and kept it in the glove box. I ran the RE1600 for a little over 2 years, and when I gave it to a friend, we put the replacement on and the joint I ran into his glove box as a spare, although it was still pretty tight.

Ok, that makes sense. Know of any sites that sell it for less than $157 w/free shipping? I've been searching, that's the best i've found so far.

As far as the credibility of 4X4ROCKSHOP, I checked them out on the Better Business Bureau's website and this is what I got:

BBB Accreditation Status

This company has been a BBB Accredited business since February 2007. This means it supports the BBB's services to the public and meets our BBB Accreditation standards.

Program Participation

This company has agreed to use special procedures including arbitration, if
necessary, to resolve disputes through their participation in the following programs: BBB Accreditation Identification, BBBOnLine

Nature Of Business

Based on data provided, this company offers parts and accessories for off-road vehicles and trucks, specializing in late model Jeeps.

Customer Experience

The BBB processed a total of 0 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.

If you're ever unsure with a website go to www.bbb.com and just put in the website. If they are credible they will be registered and have a good reputation. I bought a digital camera online w/o checking bbb and got screwed.

Multiple good experiences with 4x4rockshop here.

I have the JKS trackbar and would buy the RE one in retrospect. The Double sheer configuration with the cross frame reinforcement though more money would prove useful. I have not, however, pushed the JKS one too hard either.

Thanks for the replies. I think i'm going to go with the RE 1600 from RE.com
It's cheaper, haven't seen too many complaints and I could use that money elsewhere on the Jeep.

Back