• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wierd Computer?

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so havn't fixed my skip but this isn't about that. I have noticed though that when i confuss my computer the jeep runs like a dream! If i let it idle and trip a CEL then replug in what ever i unplugged to make the light go away it runs sweet for about 30 miles. It idels smoother, more power i.e. torq, better throttle response, shifts gears better(5 speed shouldn't affect it but it does) just all around it feels like a new motor! So why? is the computer going back into a preset ideal conditions mode until it relearns to run like garbage? I'm begining to think i don't have a fuel or spark problem but a computer problem

how do you confuse the computer? what are you unplugging to make it run good? etc etc.

if you have fixed most of the other problems & another one pops up almost instantly (a few hours to a day) its more than likely the junk, i mean computer. either get one from a yard (about $200-ish) or call your local dealer / parts store & see what they can offer you on them.

When i unplug the O2 sensor or the TPS or a major vacuum line. It is wierd though and it makes me think is there a way to test without another computer. Would like to know before i spend the cash!

Back