• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 and 1992 - different brake rotors?

pszczepan

NAXJA Forum User
Hi !

My friend has 1992 Cherokee (with ABS) for parts and rotors are OK.
Will they fit my Jeep Cherokee 1989 (without ABS).

When I check rockauto.com for rotors I see that same brands have the same part numbers for both years, some other different.

What is the true?

Thanks
Pawel

The ABS rotors have a "gear" pressed to the inside I believe. Thats should be the only diff. As cheap as rotors are (under 20.00 at Autozone)I would buy new and forget using someone elses junk. Remember your brakes not only keep you safe but everyone else aroud you as well.IMO

mcnamaag said:
The ABS rotors have a "gear" pressed to the inside I believe.

Nope, the ABS tone ring is attached to the stub axle shaft, not the brake rotor.

IDK about the rotor swap.

it's easy enough to check.
put the rotor on, then tighted a few of the lug nuts up on it. If it turns it will fit, if it's jammed into the inner pad of the caliper then it won't work.

Rotors have to match the unit bearing, I've got 97 rotors and Renix calipers.
There's a very slight difference in the "hat" height in the center, if you've got a set of calipers you could measure it, but it's so close that you'd have a hard time telling with a ruler.

Back