• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noise when a/c runs

AfricaXJ6

NAXJA Forum User
Hi ;

I just had my a/c compressor and belts changed etc.

Everything runs fine.Good cooling .

However when I put the a/c on i notice some noise that is constant.It seems to be comming from the poweer steering area.

but this only happens when the a/c is swtiched on.When i switch teh a/c off it goes away.

It is difficult to explain the sound; but it is like a noise that is emmitted at a constsnt frequency as the sysstem rotates.

Please offer suggestions
thanks
collin

Hi

Anyone experience a similar problem as stated beow.

I am hoping that teh noise is not related to soemthing blocked in the line.
When i bought this vehicle it had no compressor.So i replaced it with a reconditioned unit.Is there any other components I should look at ?

please advise
collin

There is always noise when the compressor cycles. Some more than others but you can definitely hear the compressor. If your Jeep didn't make the noise before (because you didn't have a compressor) and makes it now, you have A/C.

It should cycle off and on when in A/C mode. It also cycles off/on in defrost mode but since it's summer down there you're probably not using defrosst much.

Back