• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

why didnt i ask

The glory wagon said:
Guess how much of an idiot i am, i bought an ax15 2wd trans thinking i could bolt my np231 transfer case up to it. there goes 300 down the drain.

It happens. Who thinks to ask if the Jeep you're buying parts from is 2 or 4 wheel drive right? I mean, it's a Jeep. :smsoap: We all make mistakes, the key is in not repeating them.

BTW, the hinge is in a box ready to go. I'll be stopping by the PO at lunch time tomorrow so you should have it before the weekend. :D

Rich

You can still convert it - but you'll need a new mainshaft (from a 4WD version,) and a transfer case adapter housing (from a 4WD version.)

Dig around and see if you can score a "builder" or a "core" - and cross parts to make one good 4WD transmission.

But, yes, you should have asked. I'd have told you much the same thing I'm telling you now - but $300 earlier. And that's if I'd answered first - someone else, with much the same information, would probably have beaten me to it.

5-90

True dat...God I've done some knuckleheaded maneuvers in my short time. But I'm damn good lookin' though.

Back