• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake line washer?

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
so i have these little i think copper washers that go on either side of the square part on the brake line to mount to the front brake cylinders on my 89' xj. i recently took it apart, lost one, so i went down and got all new ones and im wondering if i put one washer on both sides of the bolt that lets brake fluid through?

Mopar It said:
so i have these little i think copper washers that go on either side of the square part on the brake line to mount to the front brake cylinders on my 89' xj. i recently took it apart, lost one, so i went down and got all new ones and im wondering if i put one washer on both sides of the bolt that lets brake fluid through?

YES be sure to put one copper compression washer on each side of the bolt of the brake line connecting to the caliper, unless you would like to leak brake fluid everywhere.

ya cause the other day im coming around a turn and my foot goes to the floor so i slam her in 1st it makes my whole driveline bunch up and my driveshaft slips out of the yoke, i was so pissed i hate undoing that from the axle then sliding it in and reattaching, hopefully gonna get a new shaft soon but thanks for the help

Mopar It said:
ya cause the other day im coming around a turn and my foot goes to the floor so i slam her in 1st it makes my whole driveline bunch up and my driveshaft slips out of the yoke, i was so pissed i hate undoing that from the axle then sliding it in and reattaching, hopefully gonna get a new shaft soon but thanks for the help

sounds to me like your brakes are only a small part of a bigger problem... park it till you fix it properly.. the copper washers are cheap and in the HELP section at Advance Auto.

Back