• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redrilling wheels

Jump This

Just another minion!
I have a set of Walker Evens beadlocks and want to switch out the 30 for a 44. Problem is that the 44 is 5X5.5...does anyone know of a company in the San Diego area that could handle redrilling them for me?

No, I don't own a mill....

Rick

You can't adapt from 5x5.5 -> 5x4.5 with a spacer, the hub gets in the way.

My offer still stands to swap your 44 for my 30, if you wanted rick. They are about equal in strength (the 30 is a little more beefed up, the 44 has a bigger ring gear), and mine comes ready to bolt in; steering, track bar, etc. After KOH I'll be converting the 30 to 5x5.5 so I can run my wheels, its probably less labor to setup new steering and trackbar on a 44. :)

cal said:
You can't adapt from 5x5.5 -> 5x4.5 with a spacer, the hub gets in the way.

Thanks, I was not sure. Just tossing the options.....

Jump This said:
I wasn't too sure what they are all talking about...
those adapters look like they will work...

:dunno:

I could be wrong, but I don't think the hub on the dana 44 will fit through the hole in the middle of the adapter or in the wheel. You may be able to hone them out big enough? Dunno. Could be worth trying.

Rick, there is a place in riverside(I know, far from you) that might be able to re-drill them. I will try to find their website.

Back