• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cagework Getting done

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
So I hope Billy doesnt mind, but I am posting some of the cage work he is doing to my XJ.....

Here goes:
Seats coming out:
before1.jpg

She is empty:
before2.jpg

Ne tubing comes in:
after3.jpg

more
after2.jpg

last one:
after1.jpg

Very Cool Tony.. I'm sure you can't wait... especially since you'll have a little one to protect. A cage is definitely in a my future too.

How much more work do you guys have??

How did you mount your sub in the rear panel??

E

Sub in the rear is mdf front board with dynomat and expandable foam sealing the enclosure. Sounds really good imo and wastes no space at all. Good compromise.

As far as the cage, another few days I am sure.

are you selling the hi lift mount? if so i will buy it - i forgot the company that sells that thing but i have been wanting one for ages! if not thats cool too!

Yes, probably selling the hi lift mount (send me a PM), and yes I will be runnnig a rear seat!

With the soft top why no more head room with the B pillar and ties to the A-pillar?

Need to be able to open and close the soft top.......so need some room for the latches to clear the cage.

GrimmJeeper said:
is it just the pics or is the b pillar half way into the back door opening?
Actually it is the doors...i moved them back........ LOL!!

kidding Mike, no you are dead on , it is moved quite a bit back into the rear doors.......You all know my rear seat is flipped down 99% of the time....I really only want to be able to put a childs seat in the back.

You can still sit adults their, but it will be somewhat tight. I wanted to be able to scoot my racing seats as far back as possible...ultimately I need to be comnfortable before anyone else. The rockhard cage got in the way of the Mastercrafts being able to scoot back all the way. Billy is changing that for me!!
:)

Tony wanted LEG ROOM & to be able to recline the seat so he got it!
I had the B pillar up against the the roof but the top would not open with out removing the latches so I had to cut 2 inches out the B pillar to clear it.

GrimmJeeper said:
is it just the pics or is the b pillar half way into the back door opening?

hellbilly04 said:
Tony wanted LEG ROOM & to be able to recline the seat so he got it!
I had the B pillar up against the the roof but the top would not open with out removing the latches so I had to cut 2 inches out the B pillar to clear it.

Billy is DA MAN!!! I must say I am very impressed with two things guys:
1. His quality of work is very good!
2. He has to be one of the most flexible people I have ever worked with, willing to make any and all changes, at the drop of a dime!!

Tony,

Are you going to completely remove the back seat and custom make brackets for the child seat??

I thought about removing the rear seat and doing something custom like a single rear seat... :dunno:

E

So when's the next group cage install day? need ta get me one of those.

Back