• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire size for a 2'' lift

jeppo said:
i suppose it depends on your offset, look here:

http://members.aol.com/Stvns/XJhelp1.html

if youre using + offset and bumpstop right you might get away with something like a lt235/85r16 or p265/75r16 ive never seen a 32x9.5 or 10.5 r15 but they could exist.

Super swamper hasa radial tsl in a 32x10.50x15 and super swamper tsl you can get a 32x9.50 15 or you can get a 32x9 16 in either 6 or 10 ply. if you have a low rider they have a 27x9 in 14" and 15" wheels haha I only know this cuz I'm browsing swampers on ntwonline rightnow.. :)

Last edited:
hey right on, those'll work, but i'll offer this piece of of advice, 10 ply 32x9 (lt265/75r16E). not a great idea to use these, stock 760's and 297's do not like these and unless you have perfect brakes, 100 lbs. of rim/ tire is alot to stop.

Mattitude said:
if you have a low rider they have a 27x9 in 14" and 15" wheels haha I only know this cuz I'm browsing swampers on ntwonline rightnow.. :)

My buddy's king quad has bigger tires than that..29.5 outlaws. Damn talk about baby swampers.

good luck with 31's or 32's on a 2 inch, without trimming a bit or bumpstopping, and if you ever want to disconnect you will rub, start cutting!

you might be okay if your springs aren't sacked and you don't disconnect.

32's are definately gonna rub.....real bad on 2" of lift. i still had to trim just a tiny bit inside the fender well to run 31's on 3 1/2". 2" of lift is best suited for 30" tires. You will be quite suprised at what a well thought out XJ, well armored and locked, can do on 2" of lift and 30" tires. If this is your first build it would be a very fesible and economic way to see if this is something you are really going to enjoy. When and if you decide to go bigger the rest of your Jeep will already be ready to go. All you will have to do is run up your lift. Good Luck!

If you want to trim, its possible to run anywhere from 31-34s, Ive done it, i ran 35s around on the street for about a week, adjust steering stops and trim to fit, sometimes excessively and use a BFH when needed..the first cut usually is the worst, but after that, you just use nature(rocks, trees, etc) as the initiative to make things work.

Here 2" lift 31x10.5 on stock wheels they only rubbed when disconnected and at full lock
84706.jpg

83242.jpg

Mattitude said:
Super swamper hasa radial tsl in a 32x10.50x15 and super swamper tsl you can get a 32x9.50 15 or you can get a 32x9 16 in either 6 or 10 ply. if you have a low rider they have a 27x9 in 14" and 15" wheels haha I only know this cuz I'm browsing swampers on ntwonline rightnow.. :)
there is a 29'' SS Thornbird that is sweet, and reasonaly priced.

impetus-93xj said:
there is a 29'' SS Thornbird that is sweet, and reasonaly priced.

i hope this is sarcasm.

impetus-93xj said:
Is there something wrong with this tire that im unaware of ?

Only that they suck.. From what I have heard and read, the only place they are even mediocre is in the sand, and even then I would rather have a M/T sportsman drag radial.

Back