• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EBAY hubs, any experience?

redsand187

NAXJA Forum User
I have a vibration in the front of my Jeep, I haven't really looked into it too much, but I have a hunch that it's the wheel bearings. The XJ has ~160,000 miles on it, and I am pretty sure that they are original. (It's a 90) I have owned it for the last 7 years and 60,000 miles, and I know I've never replaced anything such as bearings.

The vibration is around 60+ MPH. (Guessing as I haven't gotten around to making the speedo work again :)) Definitely in the front end, it's accompanied by a lower pitched scuffing/clunk combo.

Anyways, the Jeep is not a daily driver, not a trailer queen. See's maybe 1000 miles a year. I can't really justify spending 2-500 dollars on hubs. I got curious about looking for cheapies, and found on EBAY I can pick up a pair of hubs for about 100 bucks. Anyone have any idea if these are ok. I mean if they last 5 years and a max of 10,000 miles before there are any problems I'd be happy.

I'm getting an itch to get my Jeep in shape as a buddy just lifted his XJ at work yesterday.

BTW, kind of off topic but related? Does anyone remember, I have a lockright in the front, if I pull the axles out, they will just spline back in normally, and the lockright won't fall apart, and need to be reassembled? It's been a few years since I put that thing in there and can't remember exactly how it pieced together.

Last edited:
spend the cash, you will need them sonner or later, Some 97 zj hubs fit my bros 93 with some MINOR clearancing for the rotor if you choose to go used

I can't imagine these things would be worse then used hubs... I was hoping someone has purchased some. Like I said, I hardly drive the thing. I have a new car as a daily driver, and a truck. The Jeep is mainly for screwing around/wheelin. Maybe driven to work when the weather is bad and I feel like actually driving it.

Back