• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no honk when lock...

XJadam

NAXJA Forum User
On my 99 when I hit the lock button on the key fob, it honks when it locks. It stopped doing it agian. This has happend to me before a year ago but I cannot remember how I fixed it. I just want it to beep when I lock it so I know it is locked, other wise I get all O.C.D., and check all the door handles to ensure that they are infact locked.

help

Adam

to reactivate the horn chirp feature:
Press an hold the lock button on the key fob for 5-10 seconds. While the lock button is being pressed, press and release the unlock button on the key fob.

it could be worse....I have to use a KEY in my '90! I almost forgot that you can use keys to unlock doors until I bought the XJ....

I still have to use my key my front 2 locks wont respond to the remote entry. They wont respond to the door lock either I have to manually push the thing to lock. Motor works fine, think its just the clips.

i never had a horn on my 99 churp for me and then one day, it did. my horns are sorta packed with mud and such so it like a gurggle rather a churp. lol :patriot:

So I tried that. No luck. I actually realized the my panic button doesn't work either. What else could it be? I just want it to honk!

Could be maybe you need to open it up and clean the contacts with an eraser.

I still have to use my key my front 2 locks wont respond to the remote entry. They wont respond to the door lock either I have to manually push the thing to lock. Motor works fine, think its just the clips.
Your lock mechanisms may be getting seized up, I'd suggest relubricating them if they are. If you replace the lock solenoids and the problem goes away it may not be necessary, but it's a pretty common problem from what I have seen. Just shoot some white lithium grease at the thing while you have the door opened to replace the solenoid, if you bother to do that.

Back