• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing Front 60?'s

XJCRAWLER

NAXJA Forum User
Installing 79 Ford 60 in my 98 XJ, already have rear 60 installed. Running Clayton longarm with limiting straps in the front. What recomendation do I need for frame suppport. I'm running homemade sliders welded to the rails now.

Sleeve the frame rails and tie a cage into it.

Hey can you list what you did to get it to work. That is my next add on that I want to do.

heavy xj with 39.5 irocs is why you are breaking yukon shafts. plating the frame is a good idea. other than that you won't be putting much more stress on it by having a 60 than you did with the 44.

Yeah but you can tear the frame running 30s on a 30. Much easier to prevent the problem than to fix it.

Ramsey said:
Yeah but you can tear the frame running 30s on a 30. Much easier to prevent the problem than to fix it.

Very true, just working on a budget. A cage is next on the to-do list. On a different ? why couldn't I post in the fabrication forum?

im planning to go 60's this summer too, and I was wondering the same thing, I was gonna do an internal cage, and probly plate the "frame rails" but I've never heard of sleaving them, what is that?

tnt customs makes some uni - sleeves

you can alsu use angle which seems to be quite popular along with tempermentals or roc dog fab uni plates - currie makes some stiffeners and well and t and j which does a lot of jeep speed - if you are a DIYer, look at some of these images and go from there - the complete cupping of the uni rail creates greater strength and better tie in points for cages, etc... remember the unibody is layered sheetmetal - not the best thing to tie into...

Back