• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" RE Superflex, it's been 3 years, still doesn't sit level

Frankensteineken

NAXJA Forum User
A little over 3 years ago I installed the 3.5" RE lift with full leaves, and it has always been quite a bit higher in the rear. I know this is normal, but I figured it would settle in, and it did, but there is still quite a difference. I am planning on installing 1" coil spacers to level it, but I was wondering if this was normal or anyone else has had this experience. When I get back home I will measure things to see what I am really dealing with, but I just thought it kind of funny to need to install coil spacers to level a lift that is supposed to be 3.5" all the way around. Any opinions? Thanks.

I just got the RE 3.5" Super ride put on my 99, and the back seems to sit a bit higher than the front, even after 2 weeks with a set of brand new tires on the trunk and backseat...So you're not the only one with this dilemma!

Be happy! Until I installed RE leaf springs, other springs I installed NEVER gave the advertised lift--new! And then settled:dunno:
My new 5.5 RE springs, pluss 1.5" boomerang shackles gave me 7.25 inches--and I'm happy.:sunshine:

I'm going to say this, you're going to say you've heard it before, and I'm going to say it again in detail.

PUT SOME WEIGHT IN THE BACK AND WHEEL.

I don't mean a tire. I mean 500+ pounds. Chunks of steel, toolboxes, bags of gravel, 400 sacs of pecans, whatever it takes to make the rear sit level under load. Leave it there a couple of weeks of driving, including some mild wheeling, drive off of some curbs, make the springs move and they will break in.

My RE 5.5" leafs have sagged about 1.5" since I bought them. I'm actually considering putting a small block in the rear.

bandit455 said:
blocks?

come on cal

use a longer shackle

or an ube

U-bolt eliminators are just blocks that are welded on, except they arent as strong as my u-bolts.

My shackles are balanced very well to my leaf length (which is not stock length).

I have some 7/8" lift blocks that will not have any major impact on wrap, but will help level things back out again.

With the right leafs, blocks arent all that bad - as long as you are talking inch, inch and a half - not three.

This sure seems to be reported all the time with the RE springs. Starts out somewhere between the advertised ride hight and several inches above that, then they sag several inches - or not. Is it spring quality and usage level? Just different batches of springs performing so differently? Dunno.

No thanks though.

I had the exact same problem, even after 2 years of some serious flexing. Since I work for a paint and body supply store I took one of our 55 gallon drums of thinner(400lbs) and put in the back of the Jeep. One week later it was sitting a full inch lower and rode softer. Obviously most people don't have access to these or would be willing to shell out 200+, but most body shops will do anything to get them off there hands when they have used them up so they don't have to pay the disposal fee. Check with a body shop in your area and see if they have empty ones laying around. You can fill it with water and achieve the same effect, but of course you'll need about 4-5 people to lift it into the back...

I'd suggest putting the drum in the back, then filling it:lecture:

I know they usually sit high at first, but seems most people find they break in and settle in after a month or two. They have settled in some, but it is still noticable how much higher the back sits. Now I am tempted to put coil spacers in the front and throw some 32's on it if it is going to sit this high and stay. I will wait till I can do tires and gears at the same time before I do that, though.

tow some jet skis around for a month.

Back