• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

prices on skids and 44's?

alwaysready

NAXJA Forum User
I was curious what the prices for factory skids go for used or from the junkyard.
what would you pay for
front skid plate
transfer case skid?
fuel tank skid?
Dana 44?
since these things seem to be hard to find usually.
ive seen 44's go from 200-400
skids i have only seen a couple go up for sale so i have no gauge on what they are worth.. Im prolly going to cruise the local JY and want to know what i should be paying for these..
Anything else i should be keeping an eye out for??
besides 4 cylinder axles with 4.56's :D

Junkyards are always good on prices, usually because they do not care what they are selling (to them, an axle is an axle).

I bought a Dana 44 on ebay for $250ish ....went the the pull-a-part and paid $85 dollars for the same axle, they just rang it up as "rear axle assembly with drums"

-Tim

EDIT: here is a sample parts list from my local yard http://www.pullapart.com/Pricing/Main.aspx

way to generalize.... and all women cannot drive!
not all junkyards are so free-love...
this is OLD.... $250 was for a pulled axle... $85 was with you doing all the work... apples and oranges

my experience has been that the larger, busier commercial salvage yards are in business to move the cars through quickly and they have little concern for how "rare" and item is. They "usually" have lower prices on items than small family run yards, but don't offer much room to "negotiate" on what it is or how much you're willing to pay. If it's in good shape and you need it now, the big yards offer the economy of volume, but if you're willing to play "lets make a deal" and walk away if you don't like the deal, I prefer the small yards.

recent purchases on some of the above:
fuel tank skid: $35.00
front skid: $15.00
TC skid: $5.00

pick-n-pull Va Beach, VA.

D44 rear..... \
fuel tank skid.\
front skid..... / $200.00 from P.O.S. with For Sale sign 1 block from home!
TC skid ....../

best of luck hunting-- keep your chin up-- the deals are still out there, just
getting a little tougher to find!

yeah, i think i paied $20 for both of my front and t-case skids at pick-n-pull, but i have not been able to find a gas tank skid, they will usally cut them to drain the fuel... oh well, check the smaller ones they usally won't cut the gas skids.

jeepnuts311 said:
Junkyards are always good on prices, usually because they do not care what they are selling (to them, an axle is an axle).

I bought a Dana 44 on ebay for $250ish ....went the the pull-a-part and paid $85 dollars for the same axle, they just rang it up as "rear axle assembly with drums"

-Tim

EDIT: here is a sample parts list from my local yard http://www.pullapart.com/Pricing/Main.aspx

You found a D44 at Pull-a-Part? :shocked: Which one? I can't even find skids there.

BruceB83 said:
You found a D44 at Pull-a-Part? :shocked: Which one? I can't even find skids there.

There are/were two in the Louisville Pull a Part.

Louisville is a little far for me to go...but thanks. :wave:

Tim (JeepNuts) lives near me and we have 2 PAP's in our area...I was referring to those two.

BruceB83 said:
Louisville is a little far for me to go...but thanks. :wave:

Tim (JeepNuts) lives near me and we have 2 PAP's in our area...I was referring to those two.

the conley yard in atlanta is where we found one...the one near 4 wheel parts in buford never has very good jeep parts

the one we pulled was in a 87 XJ, and we have seen a plethora of waggy 44s in there as well, we jsut happened to look up the inventory one day and saw there was a 2 day old 87 XJ in there and jumped in the car sunday morning and got lucky.

xcm said:
this is OLD.... $250 was for a pulled axle... $85 was with you doing all the work... apples and oranges

i was just showing how much you can save at junkyards....

i bought one on ebay= lazy, my brother saved a crap ton of money at the JY.

seemed relevant to me. ass.

-Tim

Last edited:
Back