• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CPS Part #

I live in New Zealand and drive a RHD 1995 Jeep Cherokee with the 4.0HO motor, Auto, and NP242 transfer case. Recently I have had some issues that I believe is related to the CPS - having read a lot of the threads on here.
I have just removed the CPS & the part # on it is 56026921, which doesn't seem to match any of the US part #'s, the local guy here said it is because the NZ Jeeps are European spec.
However a new CPS is going to cost me about $US200 if I buy it here, but sites like www.discountjeepparts.com can supply me with one for $US120 delivered to NZ.
Can any of you help me to confirm what the difference is between 56026921 & the CPS that you have in a US based Jeep XJ & if I run any risk of ordering one from the US
Thanks
Ian

56026921 is indeed a valid part number here, it should work for either auto or manual xj's. in fact, that's the same part number i just sent to a fellow :NAXJA: member(i had a spare).

Back