• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Technical Gurus

tkjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone who has expertise in pressure switches for an oba system I would like your help on another board. I've been advised not to use an ac switch for my oba and got slammed, if anyone has any expertise on this particular matter please chime in in my defense. Thanks, here's the link
http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=71894

you KEEP saying you were advised not to.... advised not to....... advised not to!

seriously, youve said it like 5 times, your starting to sound like a crazy person with a tick.....

BAHAHA He wrote a poem about you! This is hilarious!

TKJEEPER WHAT A CREEPER
by. Tugger

Tkjeeper
was a sick sick peeper
who had no friends at all
he thought he was cool
but stepped in some stool
trying to pick up 12 year olds at the mall

He started to whine
and complain like a swine
when the answers he got
made him mad
he cryed like a bitch
about a pressure switch
and we laughed
cause he was so sad

He put down our site
after we were all polite
which raised our anger level real high
so to the end
this fawker will bend
as we all wave to the poor ****
Bye bye

Honestly dude, isn't coming to this board asking people to defend you on another forum rather sophomoric? Perhaps the folks who advised you not to use the a/c switch made that recommendation based on solid experience.

Sorry, I wont ask for help from this board for advice I received here again. My mistake.

tkjeeper said:
Sorry, I wont ask for help from this board for advice I received here again. My mistake.

Probably a good attitude to take. There's a lot of knowledge here, but it doesn't come with customer service or "backup" in monkey shit fights on other boards.

I'm not going to wade thru this crap but as far as a switch goes. Me I'd use it and follow the rule I allways do when Im using 12V products on ac or 120V products on DC. The current on DC12v will be about 10 times the current on 120V so if it's rated 10Amps ac then you can run 1 amp DC thru it. The math and current requirments are up to you to figure. Read the amps on the switch and divide by 10 to see if it has a current rating thats high enough for your needs. If not you get smoke.

Thats all I ask for is educated info, not that I cant take being told I'm wrong thats not is at all, I just want facts to back it up. Thanks stump, sorry if I asked for back up, I'll let other shite stay on other boards. It's just that they dogged what info I got from here, and I believe this site knows 10 times what they know. Thanks again. Sorry

A pressure switch is a pressure switch just as you have been told. It could be one used on your compressor in the garage or one for an air ride system. It makes no difference. If it had a coil to turn the switch that would be different. The ones that are for air ride are just smaller and more compact but any of them can be used. I wouldn't use one designed for water pressure but I'm sure it would work. Good luck because the guy that was trying to help you is right.

Back