• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRE options cross over steering

BoostedHULK

NAXJA Forum User
i'm just looking for some TRE options for a simple cross-over steering setup. The inverted Y just isn't cuttin' it for me and i am really mostly looking for a TRE part number for a passenger side TRE with hole for drag link end. I don't need hi-steer or anything, i just want normal cross-over steering.

yeah, i know, but it's the easiest way to make a system that's functional with any larger lifts. I understand it's not the proper way to do this.

you can do an OTK set up pretty cheep like the one below.

IMG_0113.jpg

isn't that ES2233U TRE a lot larger dia. than a stock XJ? I don't need to reem out my knuckles or anything, i just was looking for a TRE with a stock dia. taper capable of hooking up a drag link.

yes, it requires reaming the knuckles.

i'm not aware of any tre available at a parts store that can be used for an inverted-t steering system that doesn't require reaming.

OMIX-ADA (Rugged Ridge) manufactures a TRE that they use in their steering system, that might be available seperately.

BoostedHULK said:
isn't that ES2233U TRE a lot larger dia. than a stock XJ? I don't need to reem out my knuckles or anything, i just was looking for a TRE with a stock dia. taper capable of hooking up a drag link.

must have missed this on my first pass.. he says does not need not want....my bad. If he is going to go this route why not reem and gain some strength with one tons.:dunno:

i have a set of one tons already, but i made a decision to wait and use them for a seperate steering setup on bigger axles when i get there. I really just want a decent steering setup using stock sized ends. I agree, reaming it out and using the 1 tons would be cool, but that just isn't where i'm looking to go with my XJ yet. So, does anyone know of a TRE that fits the stock knuckle and has a tapered hole for a drag link? My goal here is just to move the drag-link connection closer to the knuckle.

Back