• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tell me what u think of this (pics)

ranger125

NAXJA Forum User
new1025.jpg

thats what i was wondern about lol , but i haveent had any terrible bump steer from this . i have flexed it in the shop and the trac bar needs to be there to clear everythin

looks like a pretty stout setup......trac bar and draglink angles are identical so I don't see how you would have any bumpsteer.Only trouble I can see is that the trac bar axle mount is so high there will be alot of leverage on it......I would put a gusset on it.Are those the responses you were looking for??

Last edited:
The only thing I see wrong is a short track bar which isn't going to create bumpsteer.It will how ever cause the axle to move to the drives side while flexing.As the axle droops the track bar wants to move in an arc toward the drive side.This would still happen with a longer track bar but the longer the track bar the greater the arc which translate to needing more droops before it moves to the driver side.

I agree that longer is better on the tracbar... MIne is about as long as I see possible. I know mine aren't lined up perfectly... Close enough for me!

PC180798.jpg

ranger125 said:
but how do i get it on the other side of the coil ??? i am confused here .

You don't, I realy don't know what the F**k their talking about either... silly web wheelers :huh:

yeah i can move it 1/2 inch closer to the coil thats about it , there is no way of gettin on the other side cause the steering is there

There should be enough room to have the track bar pass in front of the spring between the drag link and spring.

Now i'm not saying what you have won't work but to be optimal it would be best to have it as long as it can be.The shallow angle that you have is not helping and makes it look shorter.The other thing that is not helping in the length is your frame side mount looks like it is inside of the frame rail.

It's a nice set up for what I see. The only way you can make better mounting location is to get rid of the Hi-Steer and that would be counterproductive. I would leave it alone and wheel it. I wish my D-44 had a truss like the one on yours. Maybe I can weld one to my Dynatrac D-44 axle bridge this weekend.

For LowRange2's setup: Do you have a drop pittman arm? It almost looks like if you went to a factory pittman arm (assuming the one you have is custom and has extra drop) you could use it to move the drag link up to an angle closer to your trac-bar's. Am I right, or am I way out there? :dunno:

Back