• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mix and Match Shocks?

RustyRocker

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1992 Jeep XJ Sport......i have a RE 2'' BB on it, with spacers and AALs......anyways......my back shocks blew out, fronts are fine.....im replacing the rears with Rough Country shocks soon.......think ill have any problems with the ride, having diff brand shocks front and rear? I think theyll be fine....im not worried about rough riding, as long as they dont blow out as fast as the REs did....less than one year.....i wasnt impressed with that part at all, lol........and RCs are half the price, so that was cool......

I run different fronts and backs on purpose. My rears are adjustable and fronts are not. You will be fine:cheers:

Thanks for the replys......i thought it would be fine, just wanted a few others input on it......even tho its kinda too late....i ordered the shocks the other day already, lol.......the dude from RE told me that if i sent in the old shocks, they would replace them for free IF they were found to be defective, which im SURE they would say wasnt the case.....and i cant let my Heep sit for weeks while i wait on the answer from RE, so i just bit the bullet and got RCs.......my front REs are nice, i like them, but the back ones kinda pissed me off that they didnt make it longer, u know? I pound the hell outta my Heep pretty hard, but shocks from an offroad company should be able to take that and a LOT more.....i mean, i dont rock crawl.....just logging roads, rocky hill climbs, and muddy forest trails......and i have about zero extra weight in the back......i carry a shovel, some fluids, a cooler for beer, and thats about it......any ways, thanks guys!

rock crawling is easy on shocks... its the fast stuff thats gonna kill those rc garbage sticks in no time

.... are you bumpstoped? bottoming out is an easy way to kill a shock. and bumpstops are YOUR responsability.... not RE's...

Back